 Space / 30983
Re: P-38 Contest: SP-38 Escort
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Mon, 9 Feb 2004 03:50:01 GMT

"Gil Shaw" <NIXtoradochSPAM@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:Hssquy.1GLF@lugnet.com...
Greetings!

After wrestling with more conventional designs, I ended up going for • something a
little more spacey...hopefully it hasn't strayed to far from the path.

<http://home.cogeco.ca/~bijoe/sp38.htm
<http://home.cogeco.ca/~bijoe/Photos/sp38/post.jpg>>

Lemmeknowhatcha...suggestions for improvements welcome as always.

Cheers,
-Gil

That's becoming your signature canope, Gil.  ;)   I really like those two
blue tiles, little things like that add so much.  This one kind of makes me
think of a butterfly or a Roarschach test or something.  The landing gear
freaks will be pleased, as well as the "I can't get that *#$%^ canope to fit
perfectly" freaks.

I'm glad you bent the rules.  I was hoping someone would start stretching
the design of the P-38 beyond the familiar.  Suggestions...  I guess the
underside is the only thing I'd add to.  Maybe a small rocket array under
the wings or some drop tanks, like the actual P38 had?  I don't know what
use drop tanks would be to a space vessel, but whatever.  It just seems too
clean down there.  You studless people, I tell ya...  Anyway, nice
creativity.  You never cease to move in new directions.

-- Tom