 Space / 30778
Re: Eastern Block ZOG-16 Roket
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Mon, 2 Feb 2004 03:39:43 GMT

In lugnet.space, Mladen Pejic wrote:
   LOL!

Hmmm...

Small, ovoid form... Check.

Cheap-o, tacked-on landing skid... Check.

Overpowered fuel-guzzling engine... Check.

Two crude, but effective cannons... Check.

Bare minimum of control surfaces... Check.

OMG, looks like the Russkies finally managed to modify the Me 163 and put it into service!

Hah. Yeah that’s pretty cool. I’m a fan of the Me262 personally

   I hope to see more creativity and variety in the whole Eastern Block theme, otherwise it won’t be able to compete much with the already superb PCS theme and nascent 3vil theme. Thus far, everybody seems to have been focusing on the “cheap” aspect of Russian weaponry. However, as cheap as Comm-Bloc hardware was, it did give the West some fears. The Mi-24 Hind and Su-27 Flanker might have been designed with economy in mind, but they were robust, practical weapons that gave their NATO contemporaries a run for their money.

Oh yeah, I would like to see more EB creations as well. Rick Hallman has been talking about making a Hind inspired EB ship. Hey Rick, get the lead out!

-Grand Admiral
.space Curator