 Space / 3011
  Come see my space tug

Please come take a look at my little space tug. (URL) I decided to go ahead and post this even though the picture quality isn't that great and even though I just saw Karim's new Series 850 Gravity Tug and my Tug has been supremely humbled. : ( (...) (24 years ago, 1-Aug-00, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Come see my space tug

Jon, (...) Don't worry about competing with Karim. He does awesome work, but I think yours is a very nice design as well. It definately looks like a worker kind of ship, rather than the regular starfighters and the like. I also like the moving (...) (24 years ago, 1-Aug-00, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Come see my space tug

(...) Nonsense. I think both have their merits. I like Karim's because of the energy-beam aspect, but I also like yours because it has a big ol' magnetic clamp-thing that's a bit more gritty and "old school." I also like the way the pod can rotate (...) (24 years ago, 1-Aug-00, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Come see my space tug

Jon Palmer wrote in message ... (...) No way, I think that the way your tug can swivel its body after attaching makes it heaps cooler! Now imagine if Lego had made an ABS magnet so that the arm could actually work on our spaceship hulls... *sigh* (...) (24 years ago, 1-Aug-00, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Come see my space tug

(...) Jude (24 years ago, 1-Aug-00, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Come see my space tug

(...) I agree... VERY nice job. The fact is, that my 850 series tug started out not being a tug, but turned into one somewhere along the way. Your model has a great feel to it. --Karim (24 years ago, 1-Aug-00, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Come see my space tug

"Jon Palmer" <jpalmer@oklahoma.net> wrote in message news:FyM5p7.1to@lugnet.com... (...) WOW! That model is incredible. I love the swiveling front, and the magnetic pad. I hadn't considered tugs myself yet, nor how to impliment them. Great Job!! -- (...) (24 years ago, 1-Aug-00, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Come see my space tug

Hey guys thanks for all the complements. I'm probably gonna try and make some other smaller creations like this while I work on Bardiel. I think I'll try an actual fighter soon. -Jon (...) (24 years ago, 1-Aug-00, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Touch my space tug

(...) It's gorgeous, very utilitarian and hardy-looking! I agree with Scott (S.) that these are the most interesting sort of ships--the unglamorous workhorses that make a universe seem "alive." best Lindsay (24 years ago, 3-Aug-00, to lugnet.space)