 Space / 29459
Re: New MOC capship - inspired by Bram Lambrecht
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Fri, 5 Dec 2003 13:39:58 GMT

In lugnet.space, Didier Deses wrote:
Hi all,

I've been very busy lately, but here is my latest MOC capship.

inspiration came from the following post from Bram (thanx alot!)
http://news.lugnet.com/space/?n=27080

Making a circular-shaped ship was a nice challenge,... lets stop the comments
and get to the pics:

Pleeeaaase give comments ... (all new ideas are welcome)

Didier

As with your other ships Didier, you really do a great job of experimenting with
new shapes...pushing the plates to long lengths to get a nice organic form.  The
circle/oval works really well here, especially with the temporal ship function.

Criticisms?  Not much, although perhaps the colour scheme could be a little more
grouped and not as random.  Colour blocks (a la Mladen) might smooth out the
flow a little.  The only other bit is perhaps the transition from segment to
segment, such as the cylinder assemblies to the main body....perhaps closing
some of the gaps between them with overlapping slopes etc.  Minor, but just a
couple unqualified suggestions  ;)

Very nice build.

Cheers,
-Gil