 Space / 29322
29321  |  29323
Subject:
Remember this?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Mon, 1 Dec 2003 21:44:49 GMT

Hi all

I was searching the space group for an old message when I somehow dug up this:

http://news.lugnet.com/space/?n=9290

Anyone remember this? It was so funny that I kept reading...and formulated a theory:

I now believe that Jesse Alan Long (JAL) is some kind of predecessor to... HAL! The sentence structure has the feeling of being computer-generated by a sort of AI. Now, I write this all in fun, so don’t get all upset if you are offended.

Then this train of thought led me to think about the AI research being done in the US and worldwide. If someone were to create a viable AI system, the internet would be the best place to let it learn, wouldn’t it? It’s scary to think what our government could be (and most likely is) hiding from the public.

Of course, this all seems a little off-topic, so feel free to move this thread as you see fit.

Andrew