 Space / 29034
Re: Space helmet
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.build.minifigs
Date:
Fri, 14 Nov 2003 20:40:51 GMT

In lugnet.space, Aaron Sneary wrote:
   On a side note, I think it is very funny that ‘purists’ refuse to modify bricks in any way, since the master builders and set designers do it ALL THE TIME.

Aaron S

Whuah??? I know the set designers have to modify bricks, since they usually end up designing new elements. A friend of mine was a set designer for a while, he designed the

    7130 Snowspeeder™
212 elements, 3 figures, US$20, 1999
LEGO > SYSTEM > Star Wars > Classic
and a few others...

But Master Builders? We’ve always been told that they use “standard” pieces (although sometimes in unique colors), and that if we had the pieces we could build what they build.

Unless you’re talking about the completely non-visible things they do, like metal frames to support the weight of models or stuff like that...

JohnG, GMLTC (fut where?)