 Space / 28883
    POD —Allister McLaren
   I'm hoping this one will fit under 'the sincerest form of flattery' category rather than 'blatant rip off'. This MOC was supposed to be a techwest POD - since they are both the brainchild of Gil Shaw I thought it'd make sense to moosh them together. (...) (21 years ago, 4-Nov-03, to lugnet.space, FTX)

        Re: POD —Gil Shaw
     (...) Teef! Teef! Just kidding of course. I am honoured sir! This has some amazing elements to it...the double canopy (and that ingenious back-to-back mount) along with the fanned vents in the back make it an incredible pod on it's own. A (...) (21 years ago, 4-Nov-03, to lugnet.space, FTX)

         Re: POD —Allister McLaren
     (...) Thanks. The canopies aren't the stongest construction, but adequate when treated with care. Unfortunately, friction alone wasn't enough to hold that size cantilever onto the hinges by a mere two studs. (...) I did consider a steed of some sort (...) (21 years ago, 4-Nov-03, to lugnet.space, FTX)

         Re: POD —Gil Shaw
     (...) Haha! Okay...it's rods above fair to midland...is that better? :) Cheers, -G (21 years ago, 4-Nov-03, to lugnet.space, FTX)

        Re: POD —Patrick Bunn
   (...) I missed out on the whole POD thing but I like the look of this one. I agree with others that it doesn't scream "techwest" but it still rocks. I love the vent fins/radiator thing sticking out of the back. Nice stuff. Pat "no sig fig" Bunn (21 years ago, 6-Nov-03, to lugnet.space, FTX)