 Space / 28901
Re: POD
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 4 Nov 2003 15:18:15 GMT

In lugnet.space, Gil Shaw wrote:

   Teef! Teef!

Just kidding of course. I am honoured sir!

This has some amazing elements to it...the double canopy (and that ingenious back-to-back mount) along with the fanned vents in the back make it an incredible pod on it’s own.

Thanks. The canopies aren’t the stongest construction, but adequate when treated with care. Unfortunately, friction alone wasn’t enough to hold that size cantilever onto the hinges by a mere two studs.

A modification that might nudge it more in the techwest direction might be to harness a steed to it and turn it into a hansom cab of sorts as used by the gentry of the old west? Or perhaps one of the fast carriages used by the pony express?

I did consider a steed of some sort at the time, but the muse said no, and I always try to follow the muse. I also considered at one time putting wagon wheels on the outriggers instead of rockets. Aren’t you glad I listen to the muse?

However, a steed does sound cool. I’ll give it a go while the muse is looking the other way.

   Either way or as is, a plum lil’ number, to be right shure.

That’s good, isn’t it? Sorry, I’m not very knowledgable of Olde West Speak. If it were strine, I might be able to join in ;)

Thanks Gil,

Allister.