 Space / 28883
  POD

I'm hoping this one will fit under 'the sincerest form of flattery' category rather than 'blatant rip off'. This MOC was supposed to be a techwest POD - since they are both the brainchild of Gil Shaw I thought it'd make sense to moosh them together. (...) (21 years ago, 4-Nov-03, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: POD

(...) Teef! Teef! Just kidding of course. I am honoured sir! This has some amazing elements to it...the double canopy (and that ingenious back-to-back mount) along with the fanned vents in the back make it an incredible pod on it's own. A (...) (21 years ago, 4-Nov-03, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: POD

(...) Thanks. The canopies aren't the stongest construction, but adequate when treated with care. Unfortunately, friction alone wasn't enough to hold that size cantilever onto the hinges by a mere two studs. (...) I did consider a steed of some sort (...) (21 years ago, 4-Nov-03, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: POD

(...) Haha! Okay...it's rods above fair to midland...is that better? :) Cheers, -G (21 years ago, 4-Nov-03, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: POD

(...) I missed out on the whole POD thing but I like the look of this one. I agree with others that it doesn't scream "techwest" but it still rocks. I love the vent fins/radiator thing sticking out of the back. Nice stuff. Pat "no sig fig" Bunn (21 years ago, 6-Nov-03, to lugnet.space, FTX)