 Space / 28624
  MOC: Stinger

Hi all. Some time ago, inspired by some outstanding creations seen here, I purchased some duplo eggs without a clear idea of what I would do with them. After a few weeks I pulled one out and started building with it without a clear idea of where I (...) (21 years ago, 20-Oct-03, to lugnet.space, FTX) !

  Re: MOC: Stinger

Allister, Great unique shape on this model. This would have been a good entry for that "useless parts" contest last year with the egg piece and every variant on a barrel piece. Bruce (21 years ago, 20-Oct-03, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: MOC: Stinger

In lugnet.space, Allister McLaren wrote: <snip> (...) Nah, I think both the name and the form both make it much less innocent. Theres somthing I like about a central column with a wide opening at the end sorrounded by three large energy-generating (...) (21 years ago, 20-Oct-03, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: MOC: Stinger

(...) So the Stinger's four arms must be even scarier! (...) It is a very cool-looking ship. I wonder how long I can resist the lure of the Duplo egg. Cheers, (URL) Sci-Fi LEGO> (21 years ago, 21-Oct-03, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: MOC: Stinger

(...) Hi Allister, I discovered the Stinger whilst perusing Brickshelf yesterday and have to say that I was quite blown away by it. Such a unique and cool form! The way that the 'arms' curve in is just soo sweet and even cooler is the way that they (...) (21 years ago, 21-Oct-03, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: MOC: Stinger

(...) Thanks. The bricks click together in mysterious ways. I usually have no idea what shape a ship will take until it's half built. (...) Hmmm. I must think about running that again, although there hasn't been much interest in the space seed part (...) (21 years ago, 22-Oct-03, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: MOC: Stinger

(...) You're on to me :) Yes, I did at one point envision this being a somewhat more offensive craft. The exposed studs on the wings were going to be mounting points for all manner of ABS death. The clock on the wall displaying 2am put paid to that (...) (21 years ago, 22-Oct-03, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: MOC: Stinger

(...) Only 25% (...) Duplo has some very interestingly shaped pieces, but using them with standard system bricks can be even trickier than Bionicle. My son has tons of the stuff, and I keep seeing weird possibilities in them. I wanted to use the (...) (21 years ago, 22-Oct-03, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: MOC: Stinger

(...) Yep. The central one is the FTL drive (he said just thinking that up now). (...) Every second-hand lot I've bought has been rife with it. Keep your eyes on the Trading Post. (...) If we have one. I'm keen. Go (URL) here> and add your voice. (...) (21 years ago, 22-Oct-03, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: MOC: Stinger

(...) I am very much a freeform builder, so I'm very impressed with what you did. There's a lot of details that I find really nice, such as the cockpit consoles (on a rounded armrest, no less!) I also like the aft end with the block cones around the (...) (21 years ago, 22-Oct-03, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: MOC: Stinger

(...) This is definately one of those models after a few too many swigs of cough syrup :) Wacky. An interesting shape....particularily using that blasted egg. I've tried a few times myself and have an partially finished montrosity on my shelf. The (...) (21 years ago, 22-Oct-03, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: MOC: Stinger

(...) Allister- Like the others have said, I think this is one interesting ship. I'm really drawn to its menacing form and the subtle details (curved armrests baby!). I don't know what else to say other than it's just cool. Keep it up! -Andrew PS - (...) (21 years ago, 22-Oct-03, to lugnet.space, FTX)