 Space / 28415
Re: The Yamato
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 7 Oct 2003 21:46:31 GMT

In lugnet.space, Larry Pieniazek wrote:
   In lugnet.space, Mike Petrucelli wrote:
   In lugnet.space, Mark Sandlin wrote:
   In lugnet.space, Mike Petrucelli wrote:
   Granted that is not much differnent than a modern day naval ship

You know it’s from Star Blazers(1) don’t you?

Never heard of Star Blazers before. I guess I am deprived. :-D

IIRC one of the defining things about Star Blazers is that the spaceships in the story actually ARE modern day naval ships (or reasonable facsimiles), made spaceworthy and lanuched. But I could be wrong.

http://www.starblazers.com/

Hope that helps.

Yeah I just got done reading some stuff from a web search, thanks for the link though. It actually is the Yamato from WWII repaired and upgraded as a space ship. Interesting. Also the model that started this thread would be about mini-fig scale. Also very interesting.

-Mike Petrucelli