 Space / 27998
    interesting ship building idea... —Jonathan Wilson
   Has anyone ever considered using the girder parts in the 10045 bridge elements to build a ship where there are (say) a front bit and a back bit that are only connected by a girder structure? (like in some Sci-Fi movies) Or am I the first one to (...) (21 years ago, 13-Sep-03, to lugnet.space)

        Re: interesting ship building idea... —Alexander Johnston
     (...) Actually no, I'm sorry to say. I've been considering doing the same for a capital ship I'm hoping to build at some point for quite a while now. (21 years ago, 13-Sep-03, to lugnet.space)

        Re: interesting ship building idea... —George Haberberger
     (...) I was doing this, then I researched Gas Core Nuclear Rockets and decided my nuclear reactor was ugly and inelegant, so now I have to redo my reactor bit. I'm not using girder elements, though, just technic beams. George (21 years ago, 15-Sep-03, to lugnet.space)

        Re: interesting ship building idea... —Paul Baulch
   (...) I'd been working on just such a ship for a month or so, but I haven't found a girder design that I thought looked good enough - but I was constructing it in microfig-scale so I think I set tougher constraints for myself. I also think that a (...) (21 years ago, 16-Sep-03, to lugnet.space, FTX)