 Space / 27623
27622  |  27624
Subject:
7 new MOCs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.build, lugnet.town, lugnet.space
Date:
Sat, 30 Aug 2003 08:51:00 GMT

Blame my crappy digital camera (dont have the $ for a better one :( ) for
the photos.

First up we have 2 World City police MOCs.
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/jonwil/police/police1.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/jonwil/police/police2.jpg
There is a Paddy Wagon (prisoner van) made from parts out of a 7032 and a
low-rider patrol car (great for those high-speed chases) made from more
parts of the 7032 and some parts from a 7030.

Then we have a Moonbase Module (some might say that its not technicly a
module since it doesnt have any connectors but I say it is and its my
module :).
It is the Moonbase Police Department (aka MPBD) 200 division otherwise
known as the Department of Moonbase Security. Their job is to keep all the
undezirables out of the moonbase.
They have a high-security holding facility:
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/jonwil/mbpd/base1.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/jonwil/mbpd/base2.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/jonwil/mbpd/base3.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/jonwil/mbpd/base4.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/jonwil/mbpd/base5.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/jonwil/mbpd/base6.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/jonwil/mbpd/base7.jpg
This is currently holding 2 spies from the Blacktron Empire (which are the
yellow heads poking up in the back of the inside shot). As you can see,
they are kept in stasis inside the special stasis module. They are also
kept without airtanks or helmets. Should they escape from the stasis
module, they will be unable to escape since they have no breathing gear and
there are no connections to other modules.
Just below the slope brick in the center of the stasis module (not visible
in the pictures) are the 2 locks that control the stasis module. Unless
both keys are turned at exactly the same time, the stasis module will go
into time lock mode and will not be able to be opened by anyone via any
method for an unspecified but lengthy period that the MPBD wont reveal for
security reasons. The same thing will happen if the wrong key is used.
Also visible are 4 employees of the MPBD. The 2 guys in the yellow suit are
operating the controlls for the Stasis Module.
The black thing off to one side is a Safeco model 2000 free-standing
super-secure safe. (its the kind with the replica "old-time bank safe"
look) Acording to Safeco, any attempt to open this safe without the correct
combination will result in it permanently locking with no way to open it
short of a LB5000 blaster laser. (however, using the LB5000 would probobly
result in destruction of whatever was inside the safe at the time).
This safe contains the 2 keys to the Stasis Module.

The MBPD 200 division also has a high-tech patrol vessel:
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/jonwil/mbpd/patrol1.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/jonwil/mbpd/patrol2.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/jonwil/mbpd/patrol3.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/jonwil/mbpd/patrol4.jpg
This vessel is capable of carying 4 MBPD officers and has sophisticated
computer equipment inside.
It also features twin Puls-Tec PT3000 Pulse engines (for those high-speed
chases).

And they have a ground-based Prisoner Transport Vechicle:
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/jonwil/mbpd/ptv1.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/jonwil/mbpd/ptv2.jpg
This vechicle (although its not visible in the pictures) runs on Moonbase
Engineering MK2 high-strength treads (designed for the harsh terrain). It
also features dual Secur-Force high security doors plus a Secur-Force
high-security roof hatch. These are only able to be opened from the outside
and only by someone with the correct voiceprint, palmprint and retinal
identification. Plus, if the wrong identification is used, the doors will
seal off and prevent all entry.
As an added precaution, every PTV carries 2 MPBD officers for 1 prisoner.
The controls of the PTV are designed to respond only to the officers
voiceprint and palmprint. Like the doors, if the wrong one is used, it will
disable the system.
Currently inside this particular PTV is an italian buisnessman wanted by
the MPAM (Motion Picture Assocation of the Moon) for selling illegal
Holodisk copying software via Internet Junk SPAM email.

And finally, we have some MOCs based on the sci-fi book series Amtrak Wars
This is a model of an Amphib, based on a picture on the cover of one of the
books.
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/jonwil/amtrak/amphib1.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/jonwil/amtrak/amphib2.jpg

And this is a model of a Skyrider, also based on a picture on the cover of
one of the books.
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/jonwil/amtrak/skyrid1.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/jonwil/amtrak/skyrid2.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/jonwil/amtrak/skyrid3.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/jonwil/amtrak/skyrid4.jpg

Please let me know what you think of the models.