 Space / 27220
Re: Houston, Tranquillity Base here. The Eagle has landed.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Mon, 18 Aug 2003 09:59:44 GMT

"Jonathan Wilson" <jonwil@tpgi.com.au> wrote in message
Yup, I just got my Saturn V moon landing set.
However, I cant figure out where to put the 2 tan stickers or the white
sticker with the US flag (although I probobly put some of the other
stickers on a bit wrong, looks good enough to me anyway)

I just got that set a few days ago too--I love this new direction they're
going in.  SW has been ok here and there, but other than that, I've felt
like the space theme has been through a real dry spell since the end of the
Ice Planet theme or so.  Anyway, I plan to get the Mars mission set too.
It's great to see the toy industry pulling kids' interests back to space
again too.

The tan flag sticker should go on the lower left of one of those 3x3 corner
bricks.  If you take the step ladder as front, it should be mounted on the
lower left of the diagonal side of the lower brick  Part of the sticky side
will be exposed due to the stud hole in the diagonal side.  On the other
side of the ladder should be a small "United States" placard, but there is
no sticker for that, so I just put the NASA sticker there instead.

The white flag sticker should be on the upper end of the third stage of the
Saturn V.  I used:

http://www.spacetoys.com/space/repapollo.shtml

as a reference for both the LEM and the rocket (it was the first place I
hopped to from google).

-- Tom