 Space / 27121
    Re: Memphis Class Medium Multipurpose Carrier —Leonard Hoffman
   (...) current rates of technological development are a relatively new phenomena. before the twentieth century, development was MUCH slower. I think there is plenty of evidence to support an idea that technological development slows down sometime in (...) (21 years ago, 15-Aug-03, to lugnet.space, FTX)

        Re: Memphis Class Medium Multipurpose Carrier —John P. Henderson
   (...) I agree with Lenny on this one. Especially in space, where vessels might take months, years, or decades (maybe centuries) to reach their destinations, it is perfectly reasonable that spaceships might remain in use long after their commission. (...) (21 years ago, 15-Aug-03, to lugnet.space, FTX)