 Space / 26478
Re: PCS V.R.A.P. Gunship
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Wed, 23 Jul 2003 19:13:57 GMT

In lugnet.space, Mladen Pejic wrote:
   Looks great! I like how you did the cockpit and the nacelles. Really creative use of parts to achieve those angles. I’d love to see an even heavier two seater version of this PCS gunship. ;-D

I can’t really make out the landing gear though. I see only two really thin legs. Perhaps permanent skids would be much more apt for a gunship; give it a more “robust” feel.

Like this AH1 Super Cobra:

Just a thought. :-)

Mladen Pejic

Thank you sir! The inspiration was indeed a heli...the Hind to be specific. As for the landing gear....hehe...you’ve spotted the major flaw. They are indeed 2 wirey legs. With the torpedo bay, it’s all I could manage unfortunately :) As I wanted it to be a space-faring number, I didn’t think the skids would work. HOWEVER, your idea of a larger model is very interesting. I wouldn’t mind to rework the concept into a support ship for planetside applications.. in that case, I think the skids would work very well. Hmmmmm

Thanks again!

Cheers, -G