 Space / 26253
Re: congrats, j0n!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Fri, 18 Jul 2003 15:22:14 GMT

In lugnet.space, Didier Deses wrote:
I must say that after reading the posts on ./, I don t quite understand why
there is so much intolerance...

why do some nerds tell someone who's building lego's to get a life?

I agree totally. I just read a good portion of the /. comments, those people
have serious issues. I think its cause a lot of geek/nerd culture is based on
put-downs, finding someone who's different, and therefore nerdier and less of a
person than they are. I feel sorry for them.

I've been around the web a while now and i must say the pple i found on LUGNET
and Brickshelf are quite nicer than most of other posts or user groups...

some the posts on ./ i've read dont really convince me to bring my MOC out to
the large audience, I'll think we should wait some longer and prepare for the
day minifigs will conquer the world ... ha ha Ha Ha HA HA!

Heheh. LEGO's about having fun, plain and simple. The geek hierarchy thing
*really* wears thin on me.

Peace, love, LEGO.

-Tim