 Space / 26188
Re: Show me your Aliens
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 15 Jul 2003 04:20:13 GMT

In lugnet.space, Leonard Hoffman wrote:
   I was wondering if you knew of any supercool Alien LEGO creations. Creations that look so freaky and out-of-this-world, they could only be described as ‘Alien.’

Going strictly by the letter, that’s Noaoke Bohrok, my vision of what would happen if a Bohrok were infected by one of H.R. Giger’s “Aliens”. While the photos don’t reflect it, I have swapped the four dark-grey limbs with black ones, and the dark-grey “facehugger” has been replaced with a more appropriate tan one.

This model uses the only construction design that I’ve used extensively enough (I’ve used it on at least 16 MOCs so far, though most are still in various stages of completion) to consider a real “technique”, which I’ve dubbed the Murasaki Tail. It’s a highly articulated snakelike construction using the Throwbot socket hip-joints, and it can be easily modified with various greeblies and such to make it look more appropriate for a given situation.