 Space / 26162
Re: Remake #2: Scopion Stealth Cruiser
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.build
Date:
Mon, 14 Jul 2003 15:46:42 GMT

In lugnet.space, Nathan Wells wrote:
   Greetings, .spacers

After redoing my Microship with some helpful suggestions, I decided to tackle another mediocre MOC and give it a facelift.

I am proud to present the:

Espionage Stealth Cruiser EC-S 31 T8

MOCpages Site

Brickshelf Gallery

PLMKWYT, and don’t be afraid to criticize.

Nathan, Wow! THis is a real step up! This is really a very nice craft!

What I like:
  • the use of tubing in the front to give it that curvacious shape.
  • the swept back wings look very nice
  • the greebling give a good texture to the ship
  • castle wheels as details? very creative
  • the engine is very unique
What I think needs work:

the greebling on the back tends to look jumbled, which conflicts with the smooth lines on the front. i like the use of creative elements for the greebling, but it looks a bit too much.

the purpose of the craft.
i try not to question people’s purposes, but the ship is definately atmospheric. with such an open cockpit, it is pretty low atmospheric, and can’t go that fast. then the ship looks pretty big, with lots of detail, lots of stuff for radar to bounce off of. when compared with current stealth and espionage ships (like the SR-71 blackbird), which fly very high in the atmosphere, go very fast, have closed cockpits, and are very smooth - it leads me to think the Scorpion isn’t necessarily a espionage ship.

Or, at least, it doesn’t look the part. If I were to look at this ship, I’d think some sort of police or military patroller. if you took those two guns off the front, maybe even a civilian craft of some sort.

either way, this is TRE cool!

-Jr.Marshal Hoffman