 Space / 25912
Re: Another Classic Space Figure
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.build.sculpture
Date:
Tue, 8 Jul 2003 17:16:04 GMT

In lugnet.space, Anne Carasik wrote:
Ooo.. I like (and I'm flattered to see I inspired someone).  I would
have preferred to make mine in black, but black's very difficult to
photograph.

Oh yeah.. I'm still working on my ray gun and flag, so hopefully I'll
have updates by the end of the year. :)

Although I think white should have been made before blue, I still
really like :) Also, I'm curious.. how did you make the air tanks?

.space

-Anne

Inspired? Plagiarized is more like it. :-)

I had thought about making him in black, but originally wanted to save that
color for a gun, camera or metal detector. In the end, I scrapped them all and
built the probe. I might still have enough black for one of them, but would have
to buy a bunch of transparent pieces for the gun. I was trying to only use what
I have in my collection. Oh yeah, and I was afraid of the balance issue.

I created a DAT file for the both models to help with planning parts as well as
construction. I had to modify a few things on the fly (like the helmet), but it
turned out close. The instructions for the airtanks are here after moderation:
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=49213, otherwise I have a
rendered picture here:
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/dh34154/Instructions/MiniFigSculpture/airtanks.jpg.
I could post flag details if you want them. I'm not really pleased with how the
red ship turned out. I may rework that when I get some time. Heck, I'll be lucky
to take good pictures any time soon ;)

Thanks for the comments.

-Duane