 Space / 25900
Re: New MOC: Picard I
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.build
Date:
Tue, 8 Jul 2003 02:39:59 GMT

In lugnet.space, Nathan Wells wrote:
   Hi all,

Allow me to present my third MOC in my Star Trek Character Probe Series: Picard I

Looking good! You’ve got the greeblie look down, and its really starting to look like a good probe. I like those video cameras as greeblies.

But I’m afraid I still have a little nitpick- I think the ‘arms’ and antennas are a bit to random. If you look at real probes, most of the dishes and sensors are either directly inside the body or mounted on to 2 or 3 large booms. While the greeblies in themselves are good, it looks kind of messy. It would be nicer if you all clumped them together or used booms or something.

But don’t get bogged down in the modern-ish type probe either! Think about what probes of the future may look like. They may be completely different...

Can’t wait to see more! You’re really improving.

-JHK