 Space / 25524
  Re: Hypothetical design question

(...) I was under the assumption you would accelerate after the direction change. Actually, the way this all started, spinning the ship to shoot behind you, is a bit foolish. Unless in a little fighter, there should be guns all around, like a modern (...) (21 years ago, 26-Jun-03, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Hypothetical design question

(...) Not at all. In atmospheric fighter combat, if I drop in on your six, you've got to shake me long enough to swing around and point your forward-facing guns at me before you can shoot back because you can't fly backwards. Thus, whoever gets (...) (21 years ago, 26-Jun-03, to lugnet.space, FTX)