 Space / 25394
Re: New Moonbase Std Door
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Mon, 23 Jun 2003 03:32:26 GMT

Ok,
I'm proposing a new std door for Moonbases.
Its really an "optional" standard door, which
is to say you can continue to use the endcaps,
or you can use this kind of door:

<http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/panarch/Ideas/door1.jpg>

Wow Paul, that is way cool.  I like the use of the 45 degree slopes to make
a more "hatch" type door.  I've seen them used like this before, but using
the droid arms as the hinges (like I did ;-) really sets off a nice hatch.

now all you need is a retractable ladder or stairs on the underside so that
spacedudes on the ground can enter your moonbase through these endcap hatches

It's basically <http://news.lugnet.com/cad/?n=9501 Travis' door idea> but with
the arms on top instead of on the sides.

My original "Trav Hatch" post
http://news.lugnet.com/space/?n=19348

Trav (-|-)