 Space / 25304
Re: Relay Space News Service: Aaron Sneary Reporting...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Fri, 20 Jun 2003 08:34:01 GMT

"Steven Weiser" <WsrSteven@aol.com> wrote in message
In lugnet.space, Chris Giddens wrote:
|Aaron Sneary asked me to post this on his behalf.  He's having com • probs.|
|Admiral Giddens <><|

|**begin transmission**|
This morning NPR had a brief report on the current issues in space • travel.
{Space Adventures}, the largest (and I believe so far the only • successful)
         space
tourism company is planning the first launch of Soyuez (sp?) rocket • solely
         for
tourism purposes. They announce that they currently have two seats • available,
possibly on the same launch. Cost is a mere two million dollars.

[Now the irony:]¬
To date the strongest government supporter of space tourism, and the • only
agency providing actual flights for space tourists are (drum roll • please...)¬
[Ex-Communist Russia]

AND

The staunchest opponent to any space agency providing space tourism • is...¬
[Capitalist United States.]

JFK must be rolling in his grave.

|**end transmission**|

Your info is a bit incorrect. Price for travel is $20 million per seat.

Steven Weiser

Man, as soon as Ed McMahon gets his butt over here to deliver my two
back-to-back awards, I'm there!

-- Tom