 Space / 25263
Re: Relay Space News Service: Aaron Sneary Reporting...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Thu, 19 Jun 2003 13:46:28 GMT

In lugnet.space, John Henry Kruer wrote:
   In lugnet.space, Chris Giddens wrote:
   Aaron Sneary asked me to post this on his behalf. He’s having com probs. Admiral Giddens <><

**begin transmission** This morning NPR had a brief report on the current issues in space travel. Space Adventures, the largest (and I believe so far the only successful) space tourism company is planning the first launch of Soyuez (sp?) rocket solely for tourism purposes. They announce that they currently have two seats available, possibly on the same launch. Cost is a mere two million dollars.

Now the irony:
To date the strongest government supporter of space tourism, and the only agency providing actual flights for space tourists are (drum roll please...)
Ex-Communist Russia

Oh, and here’s the NPR archive for the article:

http://discover.npr.org/features/feature.jhtml?wfId=1303511

-JHK