 Space / 2519
Re: Aves
Newsgroups:
lugnet.build.minifigs, lugnet.space
Date:
Fri, 16 Jun 2000 22:07:24 GMT

I used Brasso to take off the UFO junk. I don't consider it ruining the
piece, I consider it saving the piece from TLG's ruining it by making it
useable only within the UFO Theme. I really hate theme-specific printing
on stuff, with the possible exception of 2x2 slope computers.

It will take you about 10 minutes per 1/4 saucer with the Brasso. I just
use a paper towel. Just lightly soak a small portion of the towel with the
brasso and then start rubbing the printing off. The silver paint is difficult to
get off, so it may take a little extra effort.

Good luck,

~Mark

In lugnet.build.minifigs, Aaron West writes:

I am very impressed!  How did you get the UFO printing off the saucer • hull
sections?  I have quite a few of those I may wish to "ruin".
Best wishes,
Aaron