 Space / 24736
Re: Yet another new MOC-A prototype spaceship
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.build.military
Date:
Thu, 12 Jun 2003 14:31:32 GMT

In lugnet.announce.moc, Spencer Nowak wrote:
   Preliminary blurry spyphoto: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=425124

This was originally supposed to be a fighter. When i saw how square and bulky it became, I decided to add the cargo compartment. Then it looked empty, so i made the little speeder thing. Im still in the process of building and adding on, but im kinda stumped and looking for suggestions right now. Heres the links: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=425082 http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=425084 http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=425089 http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=425090 http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=425093

The wing guns swing down to support the wings. 6 click hinges per wing is hardly enough to support all the weight http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=425097

This is the cargo compartment: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=425107

This is the car in the cargo bay: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=425109

This is the removable shelf im quite proud of. It slides in the top for larger items or goes in the middle for better loading of shorter stuff: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=425116

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=425113 http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=425126 http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=425132 http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=425138 http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=425142

Here are a few close-ups of the little car: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=425101 http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=425102 http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=425105

This is my 2nd attempt at a space vehicle, and I could really use some tips or ideas. PLMKWYT -Spencer Nowak

OK, here we go...

I think the turret on the top would look better if both barrels were tied together (maybe it was just the one pic I looked at. The rest seemed to have the barrels elevated at the same angles). I don’t think a gunner will have the ability to track a target with two individual cannons. Of course, you could always say that he has a computer assist.

I think the cargo pod is a little out of place. It looks like it was tacked on. I think you could remove it and rework the bottom of the craft to be a bomber. With the turret on top, it reminds me of the WWII era bombers. If you still want a freighter, try smoothing the corners so that the pod isn’t so squarish. Make it blend more with the body of the craft.

I like the little red speeder. Kind of a cross between a racing boat and a personal water craft. All the new curved bricks seem to make it easier to design sleek little things like that.

Another thing I really like is the hatch. I know that design came up some months ago, but I haven’t really seen it used that often. I like how you’ve adapted it for the 6 x 6 dish.

You’re definitely improving! Keep up the good work.

-Duane