 Space / 23758
    Asteroid Explorer —Zak Anderson
   i have been lurking around for a very long time [1.5 years] and i have finally decided it it time to post. Presenting the asteroid explorer. the asteroid explorer is designed to fly around searching for asteroids and comments. when it finds them the (...) (21 years ago, 18-May-03, to lugnet.space)

        Re: Asteroid Explorer —George Haberberger
   (...) capital ship or something similar, but it's just not going to happen for a while, I don't have the bricks or the time. One thing that would make your ship sleeker would be to round the corners somewhat. It's tough to do, and takes a while to (...) (21 years ago, 19-May-03, to lugnet.space)

        Re: Asteroid Explorer —Zak Anderson
   unlike most of my other ships this one is designed purely for space so streamlining isnt a propblem for me. i had to make the sides square to give it enough internal space though. here is an example of a more streamlined ship of mine (URL) my (...) (21 years ago, 20-May-03, to lugnet.space)

        Re: Asteroid Explorer —John P. Henderson
   (...) Despite the color mixes, I do like your ship concepts, Zak (and if anything the color mixes make for an interesting style. Perhaps your faction builds ships of whatever space-stuff they can find?) But this conversation brings in another point. (...) (21 years ago, 20-May-03, to lugnet.space)

        Ship Shape was Re: Asteroid Explorer —Duane Hess
     In lugnet.space, John P. Henderson writes: <snip> (...) For the same reason that they need wings.... :-) (...) Form typically follows function in my mind. At least in real life. We are used to seeing sleek flowing designs on the screen and in print (...) (21 years ago, 20-May-03, to lugnet.space)

         Re: Ship Shape was Re: Asteroid Explorer —John P. Henderson
      (...) Although I agree with the assessment on futuristic designs, I would argue that autos from 1900 to 1950 were curvey because they emulated the horse carriages that they evolved from (with curvey wheel-wells and running boards). And today's (...) (21 years ago, 20-May-03, to lugnet.space)

         Re: Ship Shape was Re: Asteroid Explorer —Zak Anderson
     (...) ship down (21 years ago, 23-May-03, to lugnet.space)

        Re: Asteroid Explorer —George Haberberger
   (...) I like rounded corners due to my engineering background. Unless your MOC's have a force field technology, your space ship is going to be a pressure vessel (albeit one with only one atmosphere difference), and the sharper the corner in a (...) (21 years ago, 21-May-03, to lugnet.space)