 Space / 23622
23621  |  23623
Subject:
CSS-Broadsword Cruiser
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Mon, 12 May 2003 02:17:03 GMT

Hey All-

I'm sort of a newbie poster to .space, as I usually hang out in .mecha.
Anyway, I am posting for my new model, the CSS-Broadsword cruiser (My friend
Curt Tigges says it should be a frigate, but I like cruiser better.  oh
well)  Anyway, check out the preview pics on brickshelf:
More pics will be uploaded later, internal shots and otherwise, as well as a
tech readout full of cool fluff.
Things to note:
* The Broadsword uses the nifty little hatch design posted by someone
here....cannot remember who
* Torpedo tubes in the front, with outer doors
*Multi-axis turrets
*BFG (Big Freaking Gun, although it is small to most capital ship weapons)
*Communications array (nothing really special.  I copied the placing from
one of Mark Sandlin's big boys)
*Missile/torpedo rack on the deck
*Fighter rack.  Thisis something I really like.  It is able to unfold up to
release the fighter (a Hellcat fighter of my own design, see
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=42444) It also can fold up
nicely while the fighter prowls around.

I will post again when the internal photos are up.
PLMKWYT!

Ryan Wilhelm
http://graybandit0.tripod.com/clan/

BTW- I noticed someone said you can assign yourself ranks, e.g. Grand
Admiral Muffin Head (go Mark!), so henceforth you spacefaring types may
refer to me as Commander Wilhelm...sir...