 Space / 23503
23502  |  23504
Subject:
Ode to the Brick...a Classic Space Capital Ship
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Thu, 8 May 2003 12:57:39 GMT

Hi All,

I wanted to design a spaceship that paid homage to the 2x4 stud brick.  So,
here's a capital ship I'm working on.  I call this one a "capital" because
the frame is 100 studs long (that's one of the definitions right?).
Stylistically I favor simplicity over complexity.  I went for strength over
beauty with this model.  Typically my stuff is too fragile for my children
to mess around with.  This is designed to be trounced and bounced.  The ship
is actually nearly half done but I thought it might be fun to post five pix
at a time.  That, and my upload speed is slower than snail mail.  I recently
learned how to take shots with a lower resolution to avoid the huge picture
size.  Unfortunately that doesn't help with these dozen or so early
photos.Without further ado...

This particular link shows the floor in place with the airlock for
ships/people to descend through.

Please let me know what you think :-)