 Space / 23204
Re: Followup to Proposal of building theme "sequels"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 29 Apr 2003 12:42:47 GMT

This is fun idea.  I've wondered what lies beyond the SW contract for Lego
Space.  The LoM stuff has sorta grown on me over the last couple years and
I've come to miss some the original themes.  With the evolution that has
come from SW parts, I'm interested to see if it is capitalized on by TLC.

Creating our own themes is a great start however.  Of course, some like
Chris Giddens are already neck-deep into it with his juggernaut Pre Classic
Space stuff.

The only other thing I can think of that helps define a line is the figs.
However, with some brasso and the torso printer, this can quickly be amended.

Cheers,
-G

In lugnet.space, David Simmons writes:
Hey all,

Just wanted to say that I wasn't suggesting this idea as a contest.  I
envisioned it as more of a Moonbase Module kind of thing.  We set a few
guidelines and let the builder's imagination do the rest.  I cetainly
wouldn't want to place a time constraint on building.  The Moonbase Module
standard has been around for quite awhile now, and I just got around to
building my first Module.  My "proposal" is merely an effort to stimulate
the flow of creative juices, and mine are percolating!

Dave