 Space / 22993
Re: Minowan concept comes to fruition
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 22 Apr 2003 05:08:20 GMT

In lugnet.space, Paul Baulch writes:
In lugnet.space, Andrew Saada writes:

Check this out ;-) :

Just looking at the "What's New" at Brickshelf and found this.  That cockpit
concept definitely works!  Now all that's left is to remove that printed TIE
frame.

That's a beautiful canopy design. Actually, I don't mind the TIE print so
much, as it's reminding me of the canopy for a B-29 "Superfortress"... not
spacey, but I'd like to see that a lot.

Does anyone know whether the front wheels turn? It looks like they don't. Or
is it a wheel type I'm unfamiliar with?

Cheers,
Paul

I believe the front wheels are from the Flight sets; they appear to be from
a dual-wheel piece (that mounts onto here normally:
http://www.peeron.com/inv/parts/4860 ); attached to the stud on the side of
a white minifig airport control-wand-thingy.  Check out
If not that, then they could be the flat, treaded wheel from many of the
space sets.
An alternate way it could have been done (but was not, as the inner piece is
visible in the pictures) would have been for the builder to take the wheel
from the space sets, remove the inner part, and stick a few 1x1 round plates
inside, to attach to the wand on one side, and to the white round sticking
out the other.

Or maybe I'm completely wrong ;)  In any case, it's an incredible model.  I
cannot wait to see what he builds next...they seem to get more and more
interesting...