 Space / 22921
Re: MOC: The Buzzard.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Wed, 16 Apr 2003 04:52:51 GMT

I don't know if it's just me or my computer, but that link isn't working.
Grrr.  I'll try it at school in about an hour ... I really want to see it!

Okay, got it to work at school (and then didn't get a chance to reply and
tell you what I thought of it)!

I like the utilitarian look of the craft.  I think the guns look fantastic
-- I don't know if you did this on purpose, but it almost looks like they're
"oversized", and I think it gives the ship a great look of being almost
"overpowered" by the weapons systems.  The Buzzard's greatest advantage
might not be in its actual firepower, but the illusion it projects to
enemies: "Hey, I got big guns on this little fighter, wanna see what my cap
ships got?  Yeah, turn and run cowards!"

One other thing I noticed ... when I look at a picture of the ship, it takes
me a moment to orient the craft ... which way is front?  I often confuse the
guns for engines (even though I've looked at it enough to know better).  I
like this!  I think it would probably confuse enemies, even if only for a
few seconds -- "Hey, is that ship flying TO me, or AWAY from me?"

I hope these comments were helpful!