 Space / 22771
Idea: Starship Project.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 11 Apr 2003 01:26:57 GMT

Thoughts: Popularity of Moonbase Project
          desire to build large spaceships, but lack parts/time to complete it

Proposal:
Modualrised spaceships.

Standards:
Minimal.
- a two brick wide connecting 'collar' at each end that conforms precicely
in shape if not in colour.
- modules can be :
a. any length.
b. any shape
c. any function that the builder desires.
- bow modules only require a rear collar
- stern module only requires a front collar
  (it would therefore help if there were an agreed number of bow and stern
modules at any meet.)
d. able to be supported at any height - enough 4x4 patches where studs can
connect to place supports.

I've quickly mocked up something that might do. The DAT file is attached if
anyone wants to suggest any improvements. It's an oval shaped ring with room
for access ways on two decks. It's not too big so those with less expansive
collections can participate, but there is plenty of scope for larger
modules. It may need a few more connecting pegs to make sure of a positive
connection.

Comments and improvements please?

Cheers,
Allister