 Space / 22639
  MOC Sparrow

Hello again, I've been frustrated with "builder's block" the past few weeks. Sometimes the pieces just won't come together. So this weekend I worked from an already established framework. I built an extended Jedi Starfighter frame and came up with (...) (21 years ago, 7-Apr-03, to lugnet.space, lugnet.build, lugnet.announce.moc)

  Re: MOC Sparrow

(...) VERY sleek & fast looking. I love the gray & blue color scheme (my fave for space creations) the engine detail is very maneuverable looking-easily converted to a fast strike intercept fighter, although i much prefer the non-military "civilian (...) (21 years ago, 7-Apr-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: MOC Sparrow

Very cool! The color scheme is nice, and the engine design is ultra-spiffy. Where did you get the ultra-long curved wedges in lt. gray? Are those from the AT-TE? Sweet model. -Stefan- (21 years ago, 7-Apr-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: MOC Sparrow

Hey, glad you guys like it. That's funny about the color scheme, because I originally started with grey with green highlights. I found I didn't have enough green to do the trim in a way I liked, so I pulled it apart and worked with what little blue (...) (21 years ago, 7-Apr-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: MOC Sparrow

(...) Hey, that's a cool ship! The color scheme is nice, but there is to much gray, IMHO. I like the shape, and it does look a bit like the Jedi Starfighter. Where did you get those jet intakes on either side of the cockpit? Are they a Belville (...) (21 years ago, 7-Apr-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: MOC Sparrow

Hey, thanks for the comments, Nathan. Yeah, there is a lot of grey. I usually shape things and figure out the framework with one color and then work other colors into it. I may fiddle with the color scheme yet. And the intake piece is from 8465. (...) (21 years ago, 7-Apr-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: MOC Sparrow

(...) Reminds me a lot of the Playstation game Wip3out. Very cool. ~Grand Admiral (21 years ago, 7-Apr-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: MOC Sparrow

(...) It's a nice design. I find your use of that 4x4 engine intake piece very strange, though - I think it's to do with it being an intake piece but you've hidden it away on the inside. Not that there's anything wrong with that. The ship reminds me (...) (21 years ago, 8-Apr-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: MOC Sparrow

Ooh, COOL. I like the shape fo this- very daggerlike. And the soft color sheme works well, too. The engines are also really well done. The only critisism I have is that it would be nice if you broke up some the wing stud area with greeblies or (...) (21 years ago, 8-Apr-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: MOC Sparrow

You really have a distinctive style, Phillip....your stuff gets away from the box and pushes the line of the model out from the centre. In short, I dig it. This is a good example...I really like how the different components of the racer are held (...) (21 years ago, 9-Apr-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: MOC Sparrow

(...) <snip> (...) Phil, This ship is BEAUTIFUL! I love the neen aesthetic! Very sleek and sharp! I like the placement of those angled vents and the engine designs. Really an awesome craft! ciao&salaam -Andrew GardenSLUG (21 years ago, 9-Apr-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: MOC Sparrow

Thanks guys. Though it isn't evident to me, I'm glad I have a distinctive style. That's really encouraging, Gil. By the way, I wrote some copy for The Sparrow at my site: (URL) (21 years ago, 9-Apr-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: MOC Sparrow

(...) <snip> (...) well, i'd really like a lot of money and fame and ... oh, you mean about the lego ship ;-) i like the big intakes great use of those pieces now i'll have to buy some someday also like the big grey curves those must be new nice (...) (21 years ago, 12-Apr-03, to lugnet.space)