 Space / 22444
Re: 1000 steine 3rd place winner...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Fri, 28 Mar 2003 17:05:42 GMT

In lugnet.space, Gil Shaw writes:
This is cool.  Fred Herrmann won the first place for his superb space city
as has been posted about, but the third place winner is also well worth a
.spacer's look....sort of a Dune/Stargate scenario by Thomas Bendt.  My
German is so atrocious, I won't even begin to try and give an accurate
account of the storyline.

Some excellent sci-fi structures....the Bionicle blades as doors, the
robotic assembly line etc.  I really like the landing pad...looks like Bespin.

<>

Yes, there are some cool sci-fi structures.  Bionicle blades as doors is
very innovative, and I think they work well as "radar" sensors on the
landing pad, which I also really like.  The details of the Egyptian-esque
"paintings", particularly the eagle, really add to the piece.  Those first
set of stairs (curved) are excellent!  Reminds me of those for an altar.  I
was wondering what the figure seen in pic #15 had as a face, but from the
next pic I think it's just a DragonMasters/FrightKnight/Bulls helmet turned
around.

Thanks for the link Gil!

ciao&salaam
-Andrew