 Space / 22057
Re: Topic debut: Madagascar-class gunboat
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Thu, 13 Mar 2003 00:53:10 GMT

Better pictures will defiinitely result in better feedback!  I'm truly
impressed that you managed that huge Light & Sound engine piece from Space
Port look good!

Keep it up!

Dave

"TheBlindMan2" <blindman_4_ever@yahoo.com> wrote in message
This is one of my best mocs ever, the pics really do not do it justice • cause
it is extremely slick and has and air that i love in ships, it has dignity
and it looks like it could actually be used.

<drivvily backstory>

this medium fighter was developed in very small quantities becuase of its
difficulty to construct, every single part was made custom and wasnt meant
to be replaced by other makes parts. however, due to the rarity of these
parts pilots have found various (and unexpected) replacements. from
bubblegum in place of filters to car seats in place of shock couches. This
is the former flag ship of the garisson 235 Marauders (my signiture • base)the
new flagship is the Tera Intercepter, it was voted upon by the troops and
they felt it most embodied the maruaders.

The ship has 4 alternating redundant phase cannons that are mounted on the
vanes and act as primary weapons. There are also 4 different lenses used • to
control each of the laser weapons.

The durability of this ship sometimes waivers and is often problematic, • but
it is loved by its many different pilots and most fell that they owe it • one.

</drivvily backstory

The hatch that swing perpendicular to the ground is also the hatch to the
cargo bay which takes up about 30% of the interior.

I am proud to say that this ship has retractable landing gear that i
basically stole from the jedi starfighter.

the fact that all the guns face forward bugs me quite a bit though it is • not
from lack of trying... if i got detailed enough pics, could you guys give • me
some ideas for some sort of turrets?

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/theblindman2/Gunboat/madgunfront.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/theblindman2/Gunboat/madgunopen.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/theblindman2/Gunboat/madgunrear.jpg