 Space / 21723
Re: Non-web-interface posts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.space
Date:
Sat, 1 Mar 2003 01:24:13 GMT

I changed my properties to force plain text.
I hope this will resolve the issue.
Thanks for the input.
Marlon 'Excelerator' Smith
--
"Travis Cobbs" <tcobbs@REMOVE.halibut.com> wrote in message
In lugnet.cad, Marlon Smith writes:
Wow.  Non-web-interface posts (e.g. from Microsoft's Outlook Express) =
may appear with various symbols added.  These can cause confusion of the =
message by both human viewers and by alternate digital/mechanical =
readers (such as the web interface).  Who knew?!
--=20
Marlon 'Excelerator' Smith
X_LR8R@hotmail.com

Note that the above quote is what your message looks like from the web
interface.  I believe (but could be wrong) that the problem is that you
don't have Outlook Express set to use plain text for all news posts.  My
understanding is that Usenet news posts should always be in plain text, and
Microsoft screwed things up yet again by allowing you to post in an encoded
format.  I could be wrong, though.

--Travis Cobbs (tcobbs@REMOVE.halibut.com)