 Space / 20966
Re: 2003's gonna ruin my savings account...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.adventurers, lugnet.reviews, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.space, lugnet.technic, lugnet.town, lugnet.year.2003
Date:
Wed, 5 Feb 2003 03:29:26 GMT

In lugnet.general, Nathan Wells writes:

After seeing my Jan-Feb SAH Catalog and
these three posts (and wiping the drool
off my keyboard):

http://news.lugnet.com/technic/?n=9081
http://news.lugnet.com/technic/?n=9088
http://news.lugnet.com/technic/?n=9108

WOW! COOL! SWEET! SUPERB! AWESOME!
TERRIFIC! GREAT! YEAH! WHOOPEE! ALRIGHT!
UH-HUH! YES! SUPER!

Yeah, as I thought earlier. I'm just happy
I didn't go crazy standing there in the
store aisle when I discoveed the new sets. :)

The fourth series of adventurers sets
definitely hits the mark here!

Adventurers:

The new Orient Expedition subline is,
OMHO, the best thing to happen to
Adventurers.  With new figs, new pieces,
and dark blue finally becoming more
available (sort of), the whole
Adventurer line is in my "To buy ASAP" list.

And the main reason I went to the store
to purchase lego for the first time in
at least two years. (no kidding! These sets
are excellent for parts, particularly in
brown, tan and white; my three favorite
colors for lego.)

Sports:

The basketball and upcoming snowboarding
line doesn't interest me that much, but at
least we have some African-Americans (PS:
has any tried putting Harry Potter hair on
Shaq to get a rapper with an Afro?)

Just speculating with the possibility
that perhaps in the future an arabic
line with afro figures will be released?
Actually, recreating turkish sets for a
christian vs. islam crusade model series
would definitely evoke my interest. How's
about a rendition of the Vatican with
Pope Urban II?

Star Wars:

With the exception of #4477 and #4479,
the new Star Wars sets look great.  I
was one of the few lucky people who got
a MINI TIE, so I of course will have
to buy the rest of the MINI line.  The
AT-AT and AT-TE look cool (not to mention
very big), but they're not top priority
Jabba's Palace and sub-sets also look cool
and I'll probably get them near the end
of the year, but I'm most definitely
getting two copies of the Geonosian Fighter.

I don't have much of an interest for the
Jabba the Hutt sets, although everything
else looks great. Actually, the 4484 X Wing
set has a realy nice parts index (76) for a
cost of $4.00.  (around 5.3 cents a part!
Excellent!)

NASA:

Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes!  The ISS, Discovery,
Apollo Landing and more! (and in micro
scale too)  These sets are are just
begging to be bought! All of them are
very cool, but I think the ISS is my favorite.

I haven't seen these yet, but by the
descriptions, they sound very appealing.
I look forward to a multitude of rare
white pieces...

Nathan Wells

Y'all know I'm going to go crazy and buy a few
more copies of the Yeti Hideout set. (I have
one already, but the parts are so good, I'll
probably purchase another for the arches and
double sloped black 3x3x1 bricks.) The other
very appealing set is the mount everest temple,
whcih comes with some excellent tibetian
soldier. (they're great for outland armies
and hired peasant forces.)

Did I mention the golden sword? :)

No complaints here! I can hardly wait
for the next wave of adventurer sets.