 Space / 20002
Re: System Defense Boat "Sulu"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Fri, 10 Jan 2003 01:52:41 GMT

This ship is humbling!  I think this is an excellent boat...it really rings
of the designs of the mid to late 70's - modular, utilitarian and just plain
cool.  The small details such as the lifeboat devices give the design a real
sense of purpose and form=function.

An excellent first(?) .space showing Keith...welcome to the Void.

Cheers,
-Gil

In lugnet.space, Keith Goldman writes:
Submitted for your approval, the System Defense Boat "Sulu".  The nation's
first attempt at a large scale space craft.  It has no jump drive of any
kind, and is designed primarily for the protection of our off-planet
interests, the destruction of enemy sub-orbital craft, and commerce raiding.
Think of it as a U-Boat in space.

I have been reluctant to post this MOC because of all the oustanding,
humbling examples in this genre.  That said, I don't think its too bad, for
a first attempt.  The bridge section also doubles as the Sulu's only
lifeboat.  It is designed for splashdown only.  The yellow constructs inside
the roof of the bridge are inflatable boats.

Any feedback/criticism would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
-Keith