 Space / 19704
  Re: Displacement Tonnage for Spaceships?

(...) I would agree that it is not based on any true science. Rather, I suspect hydrogen displacement was chosen because of the potential "sounds cool factor", since it sounds like a nautical term. Some sci-fi's (not all) like to draw comparisons (...) (22 years ago, 30-Dec-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Displacement Tonnage for Spaceships?

(...) mass= gram or kilogram. (metric weight would be newtons, for standard it is pounds- both are used when describing force.. ie. 15 pounds of pressure, 20 newtons of pressure). In my own fake scifi world, I imagined that ships would be (...) (22 years ago, 30-Dec-02, to lugnet.space)