 Space / 19312
Re: Feedback thoughts?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.space
Date:
Mon, 16 Dec 2002 22:55:41 GMT

First:
Of the reasons for not commenting on MOCs, I think all the reasons mentioned
so far have some validity.  <snip>

This is very true.  Especially for those of us who are on Dial-up
connections.  and with the newish moderation situation at Brickshelf I know
I sometimes will follow a link to see a MOC only to find the folder is not
yet public, so I move on and often do not come back unless there are a lot
of comments about the MOC at which point it seems little point adding a
drop to the sea, so to speak.

Second:
As far as the elite-poster issue goes,<snip> Band together with the
majority and play well!

every community has those who stand out above the others.  I know that in
my group of friends they all admire my work, "Wow, how did you build that,
that is so clever etc..." but I know that there are many more out there
that are better.  but I also know that there are those who are not, but as
long as they share the same hobby as my I feel that they are my
equal.  those who believe that they are elitist, most likely are not.  not
really a Lego specific problem

Third:
It was said in this thread (and others) <snip>
...No need to worry though, I do *not* believe posts will stop all together,
as there are always new topics and new MOCs.  Rather, I argue that because
of my theory that our current level and frequency of posting is actually
*normal* and the heavier levels we have seen in the past we the *exception*
brought on by growing pains of such a relatively new community.

I have been a part of a few online communities and they always start off
strong with posts everwhere and then die down as people get into the
regularity of them.  I don't think there is any problems with the number of
post here at Lugnet.  Besides, quality is always more desirable than quantity

Trav (-|-)