 Space / 19109
Re: New website and new MOCs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 3 Dec 2002 02:34:59 GMT

In lugnet.space, Allister McLaren writes:
And a big 'Hello' and thanks to John's parents.

That sentiment is shared.  :)

Wow, there's a lot to go through there, but I made it, and it's all good. I
like your style.

Hey, thanks!  I seem to have an odd style... can't find anyone else's quite
like it.

It's hard to pick which I like the best, but I'll have to go with the fat
duck. The shape, the landing feet, the thruster design, and of course the
coveted slave I canopy (O how I want one of them). It all works for me.
Can't wait to see more of the inside :)

Inside coming soon... after I build it.  But I have more MOCs up my sleeve!  :)
You can get the Slave 1 canopy pretty cheap off bricklink-it's were I got mine.

The bots are very nice too. I must have a go at them some time soon. They
look like a good exercise in restraint and efficiency of parts. Whenever I
try to build small, things tend to get bigger as I go.

Yeah, bots are always fun.  Jon's container idea really helps in the
'confinded space' thing.

Anyway, great work. I look forward to seeing what else you do with the fat duck.

Allister.

ps I like the idea of highlighting someone else's MOC on your site. I might
borrow that idea when I get around to buiding my ozbricks site.

Well, I guess I borrowed that idea from Kyle Keppler:
http://lego.kepplah.com/

But his page hasn't been updated in a while.  Were's he been?

-JHK