 Space / 19090
Re: Not entirely clear
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Sun, 1 Dec 2002 17:45:20 GMT

Regarding this talk about BT1 hose color,

I bought my first Battrax brand new and off the shelf when they were first
available here in Massachusetts (well, okay I may have been shopping in New
Hampshire).  That in-the-box Battrax that I bought here in the US has
*trans-yellow* hoses with black ends.  My second Battrax was purchased via
an auction several years later and was not MISB, but also came with the
trans-yellow.

My Renegade, also purchased new when first available, has the
*solid-yellow* hoses.  My MIB, also purchased new, is currently dismantled
and its pieces sorted into the entire collective, so I doubt I could
determine which hoses actually came with it.  I *think* they were solid-yellow.

So, I would argue that nobody has been conned, and that TLC simply had a
variety of color with the hoses they released in the BT1 sets.  I would
agree that it is otherwise rare that TLC has done this sort of thing.

-Hendo

In lugnet.space, Markham Carroll writes:

"Erik Boons" <ewjboons@xs4all.nl> wrote in message
Hi Stephen,

The 6941 Battrax and 6954 Renegade should -like every other Blacktron I • set
which include hoses- have solid yellow hoses with black tabs.

If I am not mistaken, the overseas versions of these came with trans-yellow
hoses. These were changed to solid yellow w/ black tabs in the American
versions.

--
Markham Carroll