 Space / 18850
18849  |  18851
Subject:
Firefly Fans?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Mon, 11 Nov 2002 15:48:42 GMT

Just a quick note wondering if there are any other fans of 'Firefly' out
there?  As with all sci-fi, there is always a bit of cheese, but overall I
am really getting into this series. The TechWest concept has always
appealled to me (Westworld, Bravestarr, Galaxy Rangers, Sabre Riders etc.)
and it's refreshing to see these genres grafted together again.

Although some episodes have hit and others missed, a recent one featuring
the injured captain having blood loss induced flashbacks dealing with 2
continuites....revealing the coming together of the crew, and the
circumstances leading up to his injury...was excellent storytelling.

I think the strength of the show is that it tries to pivot on plot and
character development, not special effects and Deus Ex Machina solutions.
Technology is a backdrop and often an antagonist, not the focus.

Hope it gets some fanbase going.  Although if the demise of Farscape is an
indication, it may be another brief jewel.

Anyway, just my thoughts.

Cheers,
-G

FUT: lugnet.off-topic.geek