 Space / 18718
  MOCs:Red Rocket and Ogel's Racer

Hi all, Here's a couple of aircraft that were designed as sort of aerospace versions of those big off-shore racing boats. The first is the Red Rocket (URL) the dread Ogel got in on the act: (URL) another in Classic Space colours in the works, but (...) (22 years ago, 3-Nov-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: MOCs:Red Rocket and Ogel's Racer

(...) envisioning something similar (but not as sleek) for a covert listening ship. I also like how you have blocked off the 'openings' in the red canopy - I've done the exact same thing before myself. ___...___b r a n d o n h a r r i s___ (...) (22 years ago, 4-Nov-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: MOCs:Red Rocket and Ogel's Racer

(...) another arm thingy it'd be perfectally symetric. Gives a cool effect. Seems to me like a craft that would be good for nascar races.. Only has to turn left. :-) (...) Good luck with that one! --Kyle (URL) (...) (22 years ago, 4-Nov-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: MOCs:Red Rocket and Ogel's Racer

(...) They both have nice lines. Looks like they would be pretty fast. Good work. -Jason +---...---+ Jason Spears MichLUG - (URL) Page - (URL) (22 years ago, 4-Nov-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: MOCs:Red Rocket and Ogel's Racer

Good stuff Allister! I do so enjoy the space racer concept, and your designs are fine examples. Both are solid designs, but I have to admit that Ogel's craft is exceptionally well done. Using the SNOT to get the sharper curve on the front nacelle (...) (22 years ago, 4-Nov-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: MOCs:Red Rocket and Ogel's Racer

Thanks Gil, And thanks also to everyone else for the comments. The consensus seems to be that The Ogel's racer is the favourite. Funny - personally I prefer the red one. Everything came together nicely in that one, both in form and function. The (...) (22 years ago, 5-Nov-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: MOCs:Red Rocket and Ogel's Racer

(...) Another thing that may not be immediately apparent from the photos (and the most impressive thing I noticed when I saw it at the BUGs meet) is how seamlessly the Red Rocket's undercarriage retracts. IMO this is one of the hardest tricks in a (...) (22 years ago, 5-Nov-02, to lugnet.space)