 Space / 18730
Re: MOCs:Red Rocket and Ogel's Racer
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 5 Nov 2002 02:21:01 GMT

Thanks Gil, And thanks also to everyone else for the comments.

The consensus seems to be that The Ogel's racer is the favourite. Funny -
personally I prefer the red one. Everything came together nicely in that
one, both in form and function. The Ogel's, whilst I'm happy with the
overall shape, it's not quite as elegant in the details, but being black,
you can't see that in the photos. :)

In lugnet.space, Gil Shaw writes:
Good stuff Allister!  I do so enjoy the space racer concept, and your
designs are fine examples.

Both are solid designs,  but I have to admit that Ogel's craft is
exceptionally well done.  Using the SNOT to get the sharper curve on the
front nacelle really gives it a sense of speed.  And of course, the
black/red combo gives any MOC a lot of punch, IMO.

The Ogel wouldn't be seen in anything else :)

In lugnet.space, Kyle Keppler writes:

Hey neato. Lotsa good snotty action in there. Well done.

Having just emerged from an extended dark age, I've only just discovered the
joys of SNOT building. This was my first attempt. It's a lot of fun and
opens up so many possibilities.

In lugnet.space, Brandon Harris writes:
Then the dread Ogel got in on the act:
I also like how you have blocked off the 'openings' in the
red canopy - I've done the exact same thing before myself.

I quite like those Alpha Team canopies, but they do really need the curved
slopes to close them off.

Cheers to you all
Allister