 Space / 18609
Re: MSPP Space Slideshow needs Material
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Wed, 23 Oct 2002 23:26:43 GMT

Hey Pat! Where ja been?

Just thought I'd add in here that for me, I don't care what you do with my
pics, in public, or private, just as long as you don't say my stuff is
yours, anything is fine with me. :-) And I'm pretty durn sure that's how
most everyone else thinks here. If I were you, I wouldn't have asked
anyone..e It's just private anyhow, but if really wanna...

As for sites, go to mine and check the links page. If it aint in there, it
aint worth seeing, just kiddin. :-) I might have missed some good stuff, who
knows.

PS: Does this mean you have time to build again?

PSS: http://lego.kepplah.com/preview/newship.jpg

--Kyle
http://lego.kepplah.com

In lugnet.space, William P. (Pat) Hough writes:
Greetings.

I am currently putting together a MS-PowerPoint '97 slideshow highlighting
the best creations of Space AFOLs. I put something similar together about a
year or so ago, but methinks it needs serious updating, so I started from
scratch.

THE IMPORTANT THING: The presentation has no real purpose and is not slated
to be shown at any convention or gathering, nor will I EVER upload it to the
web. It's simply the best way I know of to cycle through some really
nice-looking MOCs and get some ready-made inspiration whenever I feel like
building something spacey, and do so in a very quick manner.

I of course will only include in the slideshow those MOCs for which I have
the creator's permission to show; in relation to that, I have thus far
included the following AFOLs MOCs in the presentation; I still need their
permission:

Paul Baulch (truly inspiring stuff!)
Tim Courtney (of course)
Elliot Hyde
Kyle Keppler (how's it goin' dude?)
Mike Petrucelli

I would very much appreciate it if you would consider including yourself in
the presentation; when you reply, please include the BrickShelf or other
website location where I can see your best MOCs.

Here's the procedure:

1. I see a really nice spaceship MOC on the web somewhere.
2. I create a sub-folder named after the MOCs creator on my Windows Explorer
under a superfolder called "LEGO AFOL Spaceships".
3. I right-click over the .jpg or .gif and download the picture to the
appropriate folder.
4. In the presentation, I show each AFOLs series of MOCs, sorted by the last
name of the creator, with an introductory slide proceeding each series of
MOCs, such as:

Slide 1 - Paul Baulch
Slide 2 - Paul Baulch MOC #1 (picture w/ caption)
Slide 3 - Paul Baulch MOC #2 (picture w/ caption)
Slide 4 - Paul Baulch MOC #3 (picture w/ caption)
Slide 5 - blank
Slide 6 - Tim Courtney
Slide 7 - Tim Courtney MOC #1
Slide 8 - Tim Courtney MOC #2
Slide 9 - Tim Courtney MOC #3
Slide 10 - blank
Slide 11 - (etc.)

Not to say that I will show only or even three MOCs for each AFOL, this is
just a simple example. Each slide lasts about three seconds before going to
the next; the slideshow repeats itself, so it can also be used as a screensaver.

Like I said -- before anyone sends me a flame post about privacy and
copyright infringement and all that -- this is just something for my own
personal use; I will not be selling file copies of the PP presentation or
posting it on the web for download under any circumstances. This is simply
my way of collating inspiring ideas into one place.

Perhaps, in the future, if the contributing AFOLs wish, I can burn them a CD
of the most current presentation free of charge for their trouble. This is
going to be something I'll want to continually update in any event. If it
gets too large, I may split it up into two or more files.

To the "original five" AFOLs listed herein: I need your permission to
include your MOCs in the presentation; this is my personal ethic. To other
spaceship AFOLs: Please send me locations of pictures showing your best MOCs!

Note: At this time I am not including Mecha for this presentation simply
because I am not into Mecha and therefore I do not require inspiration for
building in that area. I know there are some who consider Mecha a branch of
LEGO Space; I just wanted to save you the trouble. At some later point I
might put together a Mecha MSPP Presentation or someone else may want to
tackle it; I'll have no objections.

Pat Hough