 Space / 18147
18146  |  18148
Subject:
Starforce's First Mech: Phalanx
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.announce.moc
Date:
Tue, 8 Oct 2002 16:58:37 GMT

Hello, all.
I have finished building my first mech, the Phalanx. Pictures are up at my
website.

http://www.commandercurt.net/UnitedLFWEB/phalanx.htm

Model Information:
The Phalanx is the first of its class, and the first Mech ever made by
Starforce. Hidden deep in the Planetary Forces' top-secret Tech Research
facility on Ghatos, the prototype has finally been revealed. The Phalanx is
armed with 2 SRM launchers, each of which can launch 4 SRMs at a time. The
launchers hold 12 SRMs each. In addition, the Phalanx has two Q-beam
cannons, one on each arm. Lastly, it holds an antipersonnel laser gun
mounted just above the hip.

Technical Notes: The Phalanx's legs are held in place by two gearboxes with
technic axles. One goes out to each side at the hips. These allow the Mech
to stand up without the torso flipping down, and also allow the legs to be
completely poseable. The Mech can stand in a number of different positions,
only some of which are shown in the pictures.

http://www.commandercurt.net/UnitedLFWEB/phalanx.htm

LMKWYT! I'd really like to know what you think about my first mech!

Commander-in-Chief Curt Tigges
Supreme Commander of Starforce
ULF: http://www.commandercurt.net/UnitedLFWEB
Main Website: www.commandercurt.net