 Space / 18043
Re: Pods....A Sweet Design
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 1 Oct 2002 20:52:55 GMT

In lugnet.space, Gil Shaw writes:
In lugnet.space, Gregory Muri writes:
Hello,

Being new to .space

Welcome!

I was wondering who came up with the original Pod
design?  Is there a site that has general guidelines for Pod design?

Well, I there is this clown with too much time on his hands who came up with
this clunker...

http://home.cogeco.ca/~sshaw/Toradoch/Toradoch_Kin_aero_eyot.htm
That IS the original pod.

However, for the true source of the design it is best to look to the
granddaddy of all things podular....arguably one of the best ships to grace
these pages...the Grand Admiral's immortal Neverwhere:

http://www.nwlink.com/~sandlin/lego/spacecraft/neverwhere/
If Lego ever makes a Space MOC, it *must* be the Neverwhere.  Perhaps with
less greeblies, perhaps with slightly different interior details.  Still,
the Neverwhere it must be.

Having seen so many cool pod designs, it seems that the concept is pretty
broad.  Is this the general idea?

Yep.  It's a little blank slate for you to do as little or as much as you
like.  Everyone brings a little something new to it...have fun and go nutz!

Again, welcome to the trenches!
I didn't think our conflict with the CORE-ahem, Trainheads, had escalated to
such porportions....

Cheers,
-Gil
(Still a relative newcomer as well)